Complete Comfort Air Conditioning and Heating is your local family owned and operated ac company serving northern Palm Beach County. We specialize in comfort system replacement in Palm Beach Gardens, Jupiter, and Tequesta. When is it time to replace you ac unit? Here’s 6 signs it time to replace your air conditioner:
6 signs it time to replace your air conditioner:
- 1. Air conditioner is more than 10 years old. In general, you can expect a well maintained air conditioner to last about 15 years. However, if you’re in need of expensive repairs and your air conditioner is more than 10 years old, it will often make more sense to replace it. This is especially true when you consider the advancements in efficiency we’ve seen with air conditioners in the past decade alone.
- 2. Air conditioner is inefficient. If your air conditioner has a low SEER rating, it can cost you a lot of money to operate it. Currently, newly manufactured ac units must have a SEER rating of at least 14. If your air conditioner’s SEER rating is below 13, you can cut back on your energy costs by replacing it with a new, more efficient unit.
- 3. You’re facing expensive repairs. Any time you’re facing an expensive repair, you’ll want to weigh the costs of the repair against the costs of a new unit. If the cost of the repair would cover a large part of a new system, and especially if your air conditioner is showing any of the other signs in this list, it will likely make more financial sense to replace it.
- 4. Frequent breakdowns. Does it seem like your air conditioner is constantly breaking down? Are you calling Complete Comfort Inc. every month because of a new problem with your unit? These repair costs can really add up, and it doesn’t make sense to keep making them on older units. Save yourself the headaches and the money by investing in a new unit.
- 5. Air conditioner uses R 22 Freon. Refrigerant R22 is being fazed out by the federal government in order to conserve energy nationwide. As a result, the costs of Freon are rising exponentially. If your air conditioner uses R22, you’ll have to replace it eventually in order to switch over to the new refrigerant (R410A). If you’re having major problems with your air conditioner, especially if they involve the need for more Freon, it’s probably a good time to replace your unit.
- 6. Your home isn’t comfortable. Do you have a hard time keeping your home cool? This could be the sign of an aging air conditioner or even an incorrectly sized system. Regardless of the cause, you want your air conditioner to do its job! If it’s not going to keep your home cool, you’ll want to replace it with a unit that will.
Complete Comfort offers quality equipment from many manufactures including Lennox, Goodman, Bryant, and Ruud. Our team can properly size and install a system that matches your budget and personal comfort needs. We also specialize in duct system replacement. Duct work is a major component in your ac system that may need to be upgraded to meet the requirements of your new high efficiency system. Call Complete Comfort today for a free system estimate at 561-529-6262. Check out or website at www.mycompletecomfort.com.